Please follow the following steps one by one if you want an exact Replica of the Demo 1.
Note: Before following the steps, if you are new to WordPress, you need to get the Hosting to install WordPress and to get your site up running. We personally recommend these two hosting accounts which are much better with regards to the security and Quality: Bluehost and Siteground.
- Install Helpie Plugin by going to Dashboard => Plugins => Add New => Upload Plugin => Select Helpie Zip file from your computer => Install Now . Once it is installed click Activate plugin. Once the plugin is activated, a new menu called “Helpie Kb Wiki” will appear in your Dashboard.
- Note that, By default, the WordPress works on the theme called “Twenty Seventeen”. If you want to Just replicate our Demo 1, you have to install a theme called “Foundationpress”.
- Next, we will go on to Set the Main Page Title and Subtitle. To Set the Main page title and Sub Title go to Dashboard => Helpdesk => Helpie Settings => Core. Under Core settings, Give the title “User Docs” in Knowledge Base Main Title and “Docs for Helpie WordPress Plugin” in Knowledge Base Sub-title.
- To Enable the front end editing option which appears on the top right corner, Just select the “Enabled Frontend Editing” option in the same Core settings. You can also control who can and cannot edit in the Frontend in the core settings.
- Next, To customize the main Page title and subtitle, You can use style setting option. Style settings can be found in Helpdesk => Helpie settings => Styles. The styles that we have followed for the demo 1 is shown below. You can customize as you wish. For more details on Style Settings refer doc Style Settings
6. Next, we have added some articles assigned to its Respective Category. You can add any number of articles and categories as needed for your work/Project.
7. Next, You can customize the main page as you want using the main page settings, like choosing the template for the main page, assigning the order in which the categories needs to appear, Hide/Show the Search Display, Recent articles etc.. For more details on Main Page settings, please refer doc Main Page Settings. The settings that has been followed for Demo 1 is shown below.
8. Recent Articles which is seen on the bottom of demo 1 could be enabled on Main page settings. You could see it in the screenshot above.
9. Next, you can see an Image added to each Category in the Main Page. To Add Image go to dashboard => Helpdesk Category => Image => Add Image. Once you have added it, the Image will appear in the respective category you have added the image to.
Once you have followed all these steps, you could see the exact copy of Demo 1 in your website.